It’s Reusable Nappy Week! Join Real Nappies for London, Hackney Real Nappy Network, Waltham Forest Cloth Nappy Library and Nappy Ever After for a Reusable Nappy Give & Take and Fashion Show at the Guide’s Hall, Coram’s Fields, 93 Guilford St, London WC1N 1DN.
When: Wednesday 27th April 2022, 10am – 12pm.
At this event:
- Learn about the environmental and cost-saving benefits of using reusable nappies.
- Learn about the main types with useful guidance on how to use, wash and dry them. Your questions answered impartially.
- Apply for a reusable nappy voucher worth up to £54.15 with Real Nappies for London Voucher Incentive Scheme: if you are a parent with a baby under 18 months, or parent-to-be, living in the London Borough of Barnet, Bexley, Camden, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington, Lambeth or Waltham Forest (T&C’s apply – please bring supporting documentation – proof of ID, recent proof of address and proof of pregnancy/birth to be eligible).
- Redeem your reusable nappy voucher on the day for brand new nappies with Nappy Ever After’s Reusable Nappy Pop-up Shop.
- Learn about hiring reusable nappies with the Waltham Forest Cloth Nappy Library: this is a paid-for weekly service, where you rent reusable nappies. For all North London, not just for parents/carers living in Waltham Forest.
- Find out how you can get involved to help promote reusable nappies with Hackney Real Nappy Network and Real Nappies for London.
- Take part with the Reusable Nappy, Baby Clothes and Maternity Wear Give & Take: pass-on, or take away for free, no longer needed reusable nappies, baby clothes and maternity wear. If donating, please ensure items are clean and in good useable quality. No bulky items or toys. No need to bring to take.
- Take part with a Reusable Nappy Fashion Show: walk, or carry, your child down the catwalk/runway showing off your favourite reusable nappy! If you would like to register to take part and for more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must complete a registration and photo consent form to participate. The fashion show will start approx 11.15am.
Photographs and videos will be taken at this event, if you wish to not be photographed please let a member of staff know on the day.
Real Nappies for London is a waste prevention initiative administered by the Women’s Environmental Network. The voucher scheme is funded by the London Boroughs of Barnet, Bexley, Camden, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington, Lambeth and Waltham Forest and the North London Waste Authority. If you are a parent with a baby under 18 months, or parent-to-be, living in one of the voucher participating London Boroughs above, then you can apply for a reusable nappy voucher worth up to £54.15. For more info about the Real Nappies for London voucher scheme and to apply online, visit our website.